Tue & Thu: 4-7pm
Sat & Sun: 11am-5pm
The Springbrook Nature Center was recently remodeled inside with new exhibits installed! Visit our 10 resident raptors: Gyrfalcon, Red-tailed Hawks, Turkey Vulture, Barn Owl, Barred Owl, Kestrel, and Screech Owl outside at the mews!
Picnic Shelter, Campfire Ring & Classroom Rentals
Please fill out a Facility Rental Form and turn it in at the Itasca Rec Center to Chris Carling. We will work with you to schedule a date for your event.
The picnic shelter and/or campfire ring must be reserved no less than 2 weeks in advance, but not more than 3 months in advance.
- Rental hours must include set up and clean up time. Everything must be cleanup by end time on rental application.
- There is an additional charge of $25 per hour if rental is not within open building hours. Staff must be on-site for rentals.
- Restrooms are inside the Nature Center building.
- Rental is for up to 60 people for the Picnic Shelter. Additional group fee for rentals over 60 people apply.
- No rentals available past 10 pm.
No alcohol allowed on grounds unless a liquor permit and insurance is obtained (we need a 2 month notice to get the needed approval). There is an additional fee for the alcohol permit. No alcohol sales is permitted.
Cooking & Fire
Please use only the grill and/or fire ring provided; the dumping of hot coals is prohibited. All fires and coals must be extinguished and cold when the group leaves the facility.
The group is required to make sure the facility is clean when they leave and that no damage or defacing of property or vegetation in the surrounding area has occurred during their use of the facility.
We have 6 tables under shelter and 4 tables outside area. Additional charge of $25 for each additional picnic table. There is no electricity in the picnic shelter.
It is understood that the group will use Nature Center facilities for passive recreational activities only. Active recreational activities (e.g. softball or volleyball} are more appropriately done at Park District facilities and will not be allowed on Nature Center grounds.